Whole-Home Surge Protector Services in Madison, WI
It’s likely that you don’t put all that much thought into the vulnerability of the electrical wiring and appliances in your home. For many homeowners, these sorts of thoughts don’t cross their minds until something goes wrong. But all it takes is a short or surge — caused by electrical storms, appliance malfunction, or problems at the utility company — and you could be looking at serious damage and high electrical repair costs.
All Comfort Services is a leading provider of top-notch electrical services in Madison and the surrounding areas. We would be happy to provide repairs if you need them. But! We would rather help you to avoid these sorts of risks altogether with a whole-home surge protector system put in place.
Are you interested in surge protector installation “near me” in Madison or the Dane County area? Call (608) 838-7300 or contact us online to find out more!
What is a Whole-Home Surge Protector?
You may be familiar with plug-in power strips that feature point-of-install protection against power surges. Whole-home systems operate similarly, but on both a much larger scale and in a more complete manner. Whole-home systems are typically installed near the control panel in your home. From here, they can monitor any fluctuations in power, allowing them to detect and divert surges before they can do any harm in your home.
The reason this is important is that surges are actually happening in your home all the time. Storms and accidents cause larger surges, of course, but every time you activate a high-draw appliance like a hair dryer, or any time your microwave is in use, there’s a good chance that your home might experience a minor surge. Much of the time, minor surges don’t do much, but over time they can wear down your electrical systems, and, sometimes, they can happen at just the wrong time to do harm to your appliance and wiring.
The Benefits of Surge Protection
Home surge protectors are a smart and efficient investment, but they also provide a large number of substantial benefits. By installing a surge protection device for your home you can benefit from:
- Blocking all surges, including internal – A whole-home system stops lightning strikes, utility surges, and even small surges generated within your home by high-draw appliances.
- Improving home safety – Surges are dangerous for your appliances, but they can also pose risks to you and your family. With a strong protection system in place, you reduce the risk of house fires, electrical shock, and electrocution.
- Protecting valuable electronics – Those frequent, small surges don’t always fry a computer or HVAC system’s wiring all at once. It can be the repeated small surges that mean the untimely demise of these devices if surges aren’t controlled and blocked.
Schedule Whole-Home Surge Protector Installation in Madison, WI
At All Comfort Services, our master electricians and certified installation specialists take your safety and needs seriously. Our professionals carry top-class modern electrical training, and they’re insured for everyone’s safety.
When working with our team, you’re guaranteed:
- Pricing set by the project, not by labor hours
- Honest, set-in-stone pricing that’s easy to understand
- Our full, 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Skilled and dedicated electrical service professionals
- Unmatched workmanship and superior products
Do you need a whole-house surge protection system integrated with your Madison home? Contact us today to schedule a consultation!