Air Conditioning Repair in Madison, WI
All Comfort Services is your most comprehensive resource for home air conditioning repair in Madison, WI. We are available 365 days a year to repair your air conditioner, including nights and weekends. With over 47 years of experience serving Madison and Dane County, our ac repair professionals can accurately assess how long your project will take and what materials it will require. This allows us to give you a firm price rather than billing you by the hour—no matter how long it ultimately takes us. This ensures you there will be no hidden costs or surprise expenses.
When you choose us for your Madison AC repair needs, you can expect:
Air conditioner acting up? Dial 608-838-7300 or complete our convenient online form today to set up a repair appointment with a technician.
Common Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Throughout our decades of experience, we’ve seen and repaired virtually every type of air conditioning issue. Unfortunately, many ac problems tend to start small and go unnoticed until they escalate into major problems. For this reason, it is important to pay close attention to your air conditioner and schedule a repair service as soon as you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Call us for Madison, WI air conditioning repairs if you notice any of the following:
- Your air conditioning unit’s airflow is weak
- Your air conditioner does not get cold enough
- You hear strange noises coming from your unit
- Your air conditioner produces musty odors
- You notice moisture around your unit
- Your system constantly turns on and off, or “short cycles”
Air Conditioner Service & Tune-Ups in Madison, WI
Scheduling annual preventive maintenance services for your air conditioner is one of the most important things you can do to prolong its life and maintain its operational efficiency. Ongoing maintenance of your air conditioning unit can help to keep it operating like new and keep your energy bills consistent over time. Our skilled air conditioning maintenance professionals at All Comfort Services can keep your unit’s internal parts clean and operational, as well as help extend the life of the equipment by replacing worn or failing parts.
Our ac maintenance and tune-up checklist includes the following:
Inside Unit Inspection
- Check thermostat for proper operation
- Check high and low returns
- Check for air leaks and noise in the ductwork
- Replace air filter if requested
- Inspect indoor blower wheel
- Check AMP reading of the indoor blower
- Check circuit breaker box
- Clean condensate drain
- Check return air temperature
- Check supply air temperature
- Check drop in temperature
Outside Unit Inspection
- Check suction pressure
- Check discharge pressure
- Inspect outside coil
- Inspect fan blades and lubricate motor bearings
- Inspect electrical wires and connections
- Check capacitors
- Check the contactor
- Check the AMP draw
- Check for noise and vibrations
The final point of inspection includes identifying whether the unit is OK at this time, may require future attention, and whether it’s unsafe and requires attention.
5 Ways to Increase Your AC System’s Efficiency
Many of the same things you can do to improve the efficiency of your heating system will also increase the efficiency of your air conditioning. Among them are these 5 tips:
- Change filters regularly– Dirty filters are the most common cause of heating & cooling inefficiency – and the easiest to fix. Dirty filters impede airflow, causing your system to work more for less comfort. When your filters are replaced regularly, more conditioned air can flow through the system and be delivered to your living spaces.
- Insulate your ductwork– Ducts are made of metal and are therefore poor insulators. Wrapping them with duct insulation will keep conditioned air colder as it travels to the living spaces where you want it. Such insulation also reduces leaks at seams and joints.
- Keep wall – and floor vents clear– Do not trap conditioned air behind drapes or furniture by obstructing your vents with them.
- Install a programmable thermostat– Set your thermostat for 78° F to heat or cool your home 30 minutes before you get there. Set it for 85 ° F when you are away. Doing so can help you save 10-to-20 percent on your annual energy bill.
- Install a whole-house fan– One of these will completely exchange the air in your home in only minutes – pulling in cool air while expelling warm – reducing the need to run your air conditioner.
However, if your central air-conditioning unit is more than ten years old, you can probably realize significant annual savings by replacing it with a newer, more energy efficient model. Among central air conditioners, we recommend and install Lennox air conditioners.
Don’t go without cool air – call our Madison air conditioner repair professionals today at 608-838-7300 to schedule a convenient appointment.
Find out about our money-saving maintenance program called Comfort Club