Heating Repairs in Madison, WI
Reliable Residential Heating & Furnace Repair Services in Dane County
All Comfort Services is your most comprehensive resource for reliable home heating repair and tune-up services in Madison, WI and beyond. We are available 365 days a year, 24/7 for all varieties of heating and furnace repairs, including services for gas furnace models, radiators, and boilers. If you need to replace your furnace, we install Lennox and Mitsubishi Electric heating systems.
Unlike other Madison heating contractors, we do not charge by the hour. You will always know your exact cost before we begin your work. With over 45 years of experience serving Dane County, we can accurately assess what the underlying issue with your furnace is, how long your project will take, and what materials it will require. This allows us to give you a firm price rather than billing you by the hour— no matter how long the repair may take. This ensures you will not be surprised with any hidden costs or expenses, allowing you to get the service you need at a price you can afford.
For emergency heating service or repairs in Madison, Wisconsin, call 608-838-7300 today to schedule a convenient appointment.
Telltale Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
Like any mechanical appliance, your furnace’s internal components are subject to wear and tear and will likely need to be repaired at some point during its life cycle. Unfortunately, many heating issues start small and can easily go unnoticed for months or even years until they escalate into full-scale breakdowns. Paying close attention to your furnace and scheduling regular inspections from All Comfort Services can help to minimize these disruptions and keep your furnace operating at peak efficiency.
Give our Madison furnace repair professionals a call if you notice any of the following signs:
- Weak or inconsistent airflow
- Unexplained increases in your gas or electrical bills
- Inconsistent temperature control
- Banging, popping, rattling, or squealing noises
- Excessive dust in your home after using your furnace
- Your furnace blows lukewarm or cold air
- Your furnace smells musty or you smell gas
- Your furnace constantly cycles on and off
- Your pilot light is flickering or yellow instead of blue
Annual Furnace Maintenance & Tune-Ups
Preventive maintenance and regular tune-ups of your furnace are some of the most important things you can do to prolong its life. Service on your furnace is designed around a planned course of action. Yearly inspections of your equipment help to keep it running reliably and provide you with much-needed peace of mind. Most importantly, being proactive in the care and maintenance of your equipment can save you money down the road and help you avoid an untimely and chilly breakdown.
During our Annual Preventative Maintenance visit, our technicians will thoroughly inspect, troubleshoot, and tune up your heating system to ensure it is at peak performance as you begin to use it more in the fall and winter months.
Our heating and furnace inspection includes:
- Check thermostat for proper operation
- Check high/low returns
- Check air filter and change, if needed
- Check flame rod and check the ignition system
- Inspect blower wheel
- Check vents for rust or leaks
- Check incoming power supply
- Check amp reading of indoor blower
- Check/adjust gas pressure
- Check/adjust burners
- Check high limit safety controls
- Perform combustion analysis
- Check for gas leaks
- Clean condensate drain and trap
- Check return air temperature
- Check supply air temperature
- Check rise in temperature
- Inspect electrical wires and connections
- Run and test heating cycle
- Check for combustible material near the furnace
We offer a 30 day no dispatch guarantee! Call 608-838-7300 to schedule an appointment and save $30 off a tune-up today!
Effective Ways to Improve Your Heater’s Efficiency
There are a number of things you can do to improve the efficiency of your present heating system. Among them:
- Change filters regularly – Dirty filters are the most common cause of heating-system inefficiency — and the easiest to fix. Dirty filters impede airflow, causing your system to work more for less heat. When your filters are replaced regularly, more heated air can flow through the system and be delivered to your living spaces.
- Insulate your heating ducts – Heating ducts are made of metal and will radiate a good deal of heat into the surrounding airspace before it gets to the living spaces where you want it. Wrapping metal ducts with insulation wherever they are exposed reduces stray heat radiation and reduces leaks at seams and joints. Of course, this does not apply to ductless heating units.
- Keep wall and floor vents clear – Do not trap heated air behind drapes or furniture by obstructing your vents with them.
- Install a programmable thermostat – Set your thermostat for 78° F to heat or cool your home 30 minutes before you get there. Set it for 85° F when you are away. Doing so can help you save 10 to 20% on your annual energy bill.
However, if your furnace is more than 10 to 15 years old, or your boiler more than 20 years, then a new heating system will be at least 30% more efficient and pay for itself within 5 to 10 years. At All Comfort Services, we recommend and install Lennox furnaces.
Stay Warm with All Comfort Services
At All Comfort Services, everything we do, we do for our customers. Our NATE-certified Madison heating repair professionals understand how uncomfortable it can be to deal with an unexpected furnace breakdown in the middle of a chilly Wisconsin winter. That is why we make ourselves available 365 days a year to deliver the quality furnace repairs you need whenever you need us. With outstanding customer service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee for every job we complete, you can choose us with confidence knowing that the job will be done right the first time around.
Call us today at 608-838-7300 or contact us online to learn more.
Find out about our money-saving maintenance program called Comfort Club