Heat’s On Project Seeks Dane County Veteran Homeowners to Receive a Free Furnace Maintenance
Written by All Comfort Services | October 22, 2019
Maurice, Luke, Jesse, Steve, Eric, Jim, Karl, and Faith volunteered on during October 19, 2019, Heat’s On event in Madison, WI.
32st Annual Heat’s On
Madison Area Mechanical & Sheet Metal Contractors Association (MSC) and Steamfitters Local 601 will host the 32nd Annual Heat’s On event on Saturday, October 19, 2019. Over 60 area steamfitters will volunteer a day of labor to inspect and service heating systems in 60 qualified veterans’ homes throughout Dane County. Trucks and equipment used for the day are donated by local union heating contractors, and replacement parts are donated by area suppliers.
About Heat’s On
Mechanical Industries and Steamfitters Local 601 hosted Heat’s On, October 19, 2019. HVAC technicians cleaned and checked 60 veterans’ home heating equipment.
Criteria to receive free maintenance:
- Veteran homeowner, or surviving spouse
- Dane County Resident
- Gas Furnace
Homeowners who do not meet the criteria, but would like to have their heating systems serviced, can contact the MSC office at 608-288-1414 for a union contractor referral.
Heat’s On has been serving Dane County residents since 1987, and have performed maintenance services on over 2,500 furnaces. The purpose of Heat’s On is to reduce the occurrence of residents going without heat or facing other life-threatening emergencies associated with home heating systems.
2018 Heat’s On Volunteers
“Lack of maintenance and dirty filters can shorten the life of a furnace,” says Brad Werlein, President of General Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., commercial and residential heating and cooling contractor in Madison. “Something this simple can save not only hundreds of dollars in fuel costs, but it can save a life as we experienced during last year’s event.”
In 2017, Heat’s On replaced the furnace of a World War II veteran who had been taken to the hospital twice with carbon monoxide poisoning. The leak in the furnace that was causing the poisoning was discovered and fixed by Heat’s On.
MSC is a non-profit contractor association representing union contractors in the heating, piping, air conditioning, and sheet metal industry. Their members are dedicated professionals who provide high-quality, cost-efficient products and services with a commitment to safety.
About Steamfitters Local 601:
About Steamfitters Local 601: Steamfitters Local 601 is comprised of approximately 2,400 members, and represents a 14 county area in southeastern Wisconsin. While the majority of the membership is comprised of Steamfitters and Refrigeration/Service Fitters, they also represent other classifications such as gas distribution, helpers, and welders. Their members work on a variety of job sites including residential and commercial heating and cooling systems, breweries, and power plants.
Participating Contractors (Madison):
- All Comfort Services, President Kendall Richards, phone: 608-838-7300
- Commercial Air, Service Manager Tami Schultz, phone: 608-221-8886
- General Heating & Air Conditioning, Labor Manager Mike Polster, phone: 608-271-3900
- MSC Contractors (Madison): 1901, Inc. (formerly H&H Industries), Owner Paul Christensen, phone: 608-273-3434
Participating Contractors (Milwaukee):
- Butters-Fetting Co.
- J.M. Brennan, Inc.
Participating Supply Houses:
- Design Air, Branch Manager Barb Verbitsky, phone: 608-226-0344
- First Supply, Sales Manager Scott Stritzke, phone: 608-222-7799
- Gustave A. Larson, Store Manager Aaron Demuth, phone: 608-628-0209
- Industrial Control, Owner Mike Stoffel, phone: 608-273-1717
- Johnston Supply, Owner Dan Kunze, phone: 608-223-1499
- Temperature Systems, Sales & Refrigeration, Roy Kempfer, phone: 608-327-2345